It was timely that I dropped by Megamall last Friday. There was a Financial Planning Expo.
Here are some links to exhibitors that I found noteworthy:
Â Investment companies:
- Registered Financial Planners Institute â€“ professional financial planning consultants
- MAA MutuaLife â€“ Mutual Funds in USDollar or Euro; Deposits are made through partner banks including BDO, Security Bank, Standard chartered Bank, Deutsche Bank.
- Sunlife prosperity Funds â€“ investment redemption is not subject to the 20% withholding tax. (hmmmâ€¦ curious). Seven different mutual funds to choose from with varied investment horizons and risk tolerances.
- First metro Securities Brokerage Corporation â€“ trade stocks online
- Pera Card by Cebuana Lhuillierâ€™s Pera Padala â€“ a debit card Pinoys can use to receive remittances from their OFW relatives. Can be used at BancNet or Megalink. Can transact online via www.bancnetonline.com .
- MoneyGram â€“ currently available across 92,000 locations in 170 countries and territories. Can be claimed at any BDO branch
- BDO Remit â€“ claim remittances at any BDO, SM Services counter or at partner rural banks (including CARD Bank where I did my thesis on m-commerce for microfinance). BDO Remit has subsidiary and global remittance partners in at least 26 countries.
Recipients can also avail of the BDO Remit cash card that lets you withdraw remittances from over 3,500 BDO, Expressnet or Megalink ATMs in the Philippines.
BDO Call center 631-8000
Intl toll free: +800-8-631-8000
Domestic toll free: 1-800-10-631-8000
eOFW is not related in any way to the companies featured in our articles except otherwise specified. We feature different companies for the information of our readers to help them better find services that suit their needs.
No related posts.