More results from the ADB study entitled: “Enhancing the Efficiency of Overseas Workers Remittance”
General issues raised in measuring remittances include:
- Lack of common definitions for overseas worker population
- Lack of common methodologies of measurement
- Lack of common definitions for formal and informal
- Lack of data on transfers through informal channels
- Importance of field surveys to supplement and capture data not collected by central banks
- Recognition of field study limitations and potential for target groups to give biased perspectives on OFWs and OFW behavior
- Importance in collecting data for permanent, temporary and irregular workers for a broader view of remittances/transfers and migrant population
- Better recording and disaggregation of data are important for enhancing information systems and improving the recording of remittance flows.
- Need for collaboration and cooperation among agencies and countries for a common framework for measuring remittances
Source: Worldbank.org resources
eOFW is not related in any way to the companies featured in our articles except otherwise specified. We feature different companies for the information of our readers to help them better find services that suit their needs.
No related posts.